Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day Two in Fashion.

Today we met with fashion tutor Mairead. In the morning she had half the class present their work done to date. It was really interesting to see all the different approaches and the resulting shapes people had pulled from their objects. In the afternoon we were introduced to the mannequins. We were given brown paper with which to cut out our shapes. We then used these on the mannequins to play around with shape and form. This was really fun, but the evening came and I realised I still hadn't got any shapes I was really happy with. In a panic pulled some different shapes out from my analytical drawings. I decided to cut these smaller and make multiples. I was much more satisfied with the shapes I was creating with these, and panic over the process was fun again! However ten o' clock came and it was time to go home. This was really annoying because I had been working so well, and now it's one am and I'm tired, but I'll have to soldier on because I've done little since. At least I did the blog. I want to cut out some more shapes so I have a lot to work with tomorrow. These are some of the shapes I created, they're all segiments/negative spaces of keys;





No comments:

Post a Comment