Monday 16 January 2012

Day One in Fashion

We were welcomed into Fashion Design by fashion tutor Pamela Heaney. We had been given our brief at the weekend so we were put straight to work researching and analising our chosen theme. Our 2 week project will require me to work extremely fast, (something I find extremely difficult) and has us looking primarily at shape in construction. For my theme, I chose to look at the shapes (mostly negative) of keys, both antiqued and modern for a variety. I spent the rest of the day (and night) drawing keys and from these pulling interesting shapes. I was very happy with the shapes that resulted. They were even interesting on their own. However they will be put to the test on the mannequins tomorrow, so hopefully they will make interesting forms when placed on the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment