Wednesday 25 January 2012

Day Seven In Fashion

On Wednesdays we are left to work independently, without any guidance from tutors. This is always challenging as you have to work using your own initiative. However I always find that the most learning happens when your left alone to solve and deal with the problem. We had a Critical and Contextual Studies lecture in the morning so I was going to be pressured to get what I needed done, done. In the afternoon I retreated to visualizing and sketching some shapes in 360 view, and I devoted the evening to contextual research. In my searches, a piece I found to be particularly intriguing and innovative was the 'Mobius Dress' designed by Meejin Yoon; http://mystudio.us/ <--- definitely worth a read!


Mobius Dress - Some of the forms and shapes created on the body;




No comments:

Post a Comment