Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Senses Project

The senses was the starting point for our new project that will take us through the rest of the semester. This project is building up to garment construction, a very exciting prospect! Following a lot of brainstorming I selected the words: pressure, raw and gas to commence with. With these three words we had to put together three directional boards explaining the intended direction with regard to each word. My boards were to say the least nowhere near as refined as i'd like them to have been, but we were asked not to glue anything down. These are just to show the general idea. The presentation is appalling, I know;


Raw; working with the word open

Gas; focusing on fluctuation and volatility

Pressure; focusing on cabin pressure and vacuuming




The final three swatches;

Pressure

Gas

Raw



For the next stage of the project we were asked to pick one out of the three words to carry on working with. I chose pressure as it intrigues me the most. This week we are designing a sculpture piece based on that word completely unrelated to, and separate of the body. We will then be using this piece as the basis for our mannequin and stand work in the coming weeks. Today I visited Tesco to research the idea of vacuum packing in relation to food;















 I like the colors in this;


















No comments:

Post a Comment