Tuesday 3 April 2012

Easter Project

We've been given a project on Fashion Terminology to keep us busy over Easter. Over the two weeks we've been asked to research the terms:

Tailoring, Deconstructing, Bias Cut, Recycling, Asymmetry, Padding, Ruched, Fraying, Pleating (knife pleat, box pleat, inverted pleat, partial pleat, projecting pleats, accordion pleasts, wrinkled pleats), Gathering, Gosset, Godet, Gore, Tucking, Cording, Darts (standard 4 darts, Arm Eye darts, centre front darts, H darts, French darts, Irregular Darts, Princess Seam), Boning, Layering, Knotting.

I'm actually quite excited about this project. There are many terms in the list that I am not confidently familiar with so I'm looking forward to doing a bit of research on them to see how they can be applied in different ways to garment construction. I'll do my best now to post interesting examples of each term!

(Many of my examples are photographed from magazines so the quality of the image may not be perfect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment