Sunday 13 November 2011

I felt like for the most part I'd confined myself to working on paper. I wanted to expand my repertoire and look towards alternative surfaces and writing implements. I also wanted to start working more with colour, and branch into 3-D. To start, I had an idea in my head of sticking pins into the foam used in making advent wreaths and writing between the pins using thread. I didn't know how this would turn out. I then thought about using something like Styrofoam. I headed down to the materials storeroom to inquire about Styrofoam or anything similar. I was handed a small block of Styrofoam so I decided to work with that. I wanted to see a different form of movement within my writing, so I stuck in the pins to restrict the movement of the curves and loops. I cut up pieces of wire to stick into the foam as opposed to pins, as it was more in keeping with my budget. My writing now appeared very angular, sharp and completely illegible. I like that the sentences don't even recall text;



I then took it down to the photocopier to see could I get a different view of the piece;




No comments:

Post a Comment