Thursday 22 March 2012

For the past week now we have been busy making fabric swatches of proposed pattern designs. As I'm not too handy on the  sowing machine I've been trying to utilize as broad a material selection as possible for my swatches. I've been looking towards materials used in the making of televisions - metal, plastic, glass etc. I also want to do more printing on textured fuzzy material to communicate the idea of white noise. I've chosen to work with bright colours as the patterns themselves are already quite psychedelic, something I associate very much with televisions. These are some of the swatches I've done to date, but hopefully it will be a busy weekend with more to come;
 
 (A fine example of my sowing ability ^^ or rather the lack of it)


My studio space details some of the patterns I've been working with;





No comments:

Post a Comment