Saturday 10 December 2011

I'd been looking at the artist Jackson Pollock. I loved the freeness and expressiveness within in his work;


I had been told by my tutors to look more towards the gestural aspect of my handwriting. So inspired by Pollock's approach, I began squirting dye onto sheets of paper as though I was writing. I started off using long sheets of kitchen roll but the absorbency was too great. The ground was also wet, which didn't help. 





So I moved onto working on old bed sheets;


...But before I could finish this, the rain came so I had to park it and save it for another day. Though I have moved on to better things, I will hopefully revisit this using larger sheets and more colours.


I was doing all these out in the open, beneath the trees. When I looked above my head, the movement and motion of the entangled branches was similar the scraggly lines on the sheets infront of me;








No comments:

Post a Comment